High School Curriculum Guide/Dual Credit Guidelines
ACT and SAT
The ACT and the SAT are college admissions tests required by most colleges. Most college admissions committees will evaluate your application based on your best single-session score, so don’t hesitate to send scores from multiple test days. For those of you who don’t test well, you’ll be glad to know that there are colleges that are test-optional – you may still need to take an ACT or SAT, but the score is not the critical piece of your application.
Test-optional information can be found by clicking here
Compare your ACT and SAT scores
Cost is $50.50 without Writing, $67.00 with Writing. Fee waivers are available for students who receive Free or Reduced Lunch. See Mrs. Johnson for a waiver.
San Saba Test Center Code: 245260
Testing Dates for ACT:
- September 14, 2019
- October 26, 2019 (Offered in San Saba)
- December 14, 2019
- February 8, 2020
- April 4, 2020 (Offered in San Saba)
- June 13, 2020 (Offered in San Saba)
- July 18, 2020
San Saba Test Center Code: 245260
Cost is $46.00 ($60.00 with Essay). Fee waivers are available for students who receive Free or Reduced Lunch. See Mrs. Johnson for a waiver.
Testing Dates for SAT:
- August 24, 2019
- October 5, 2019 (offered in San Saba)
- November 2, 2019
- December 7, 2019
- March 14, 2020 (offered in San Saba)
- May 2, 2020
- June 6, 2020
San Saba Test Center Code: 42-455
TSI (Texas Success Initiative)
San Saba High School is a TSI testing location
The TSI is Texas' College Readiness Exam. Any student planning to attend a PUBLIC college in Texas (either 2-year, like ACC and Blinn, or 4-year, like Texas State or ASU) must complete the TSI exam before enrolling. Scores on this exam do not determine college admission (that's what the SAT and ACT are used for); rather, the TSI is used to determine which classes a student can enroll in. All seniors are encouraged to complete the TSI, unless they qualify for the TSI exemptions. Underclassmen planning to take dual-credit courses also need to complete the TSI.
Students will receive their scores immediately upon the completion of testing. Below are the score requirements for college/dual-credit enrollment:
- Math: 350
- Reading: 351
- Writing: 363 on multiple choice with a 4 on the essay OR any score on multiple choice with a 5 on the essay.
Students may be considered exempt from the TSI/College Ready if they meet any of the following criteria:
- SAT Math score of 530+ = exempt in TSI Math
- SAT Evidenced Based Reading and Writing score of 480+ = exempt in TSI Reading and Writing
- ACT Composite score of 23 with a 19+ in Math = exempt in TSI Math
- ACT Composite score of 23 with a 19+ in English = exempt in TSI Reading & Writing
How do I sign up to take the TSI:
TSI tests are generally given after school or on Saturdays. See the high school counselor on available dates. San Saba High School does charge for the cost of the the test. $20 for all three tests (reading, math and writing) or $10 per exam if only taking one or two.
In order to fill out the FAFSA, you will need the following items:
- Your FSA ID Number - apply on-line
- Your Parent's FSA ID Number
- Driver’s License #
- Social Security #
- Tax information or tax return that was filed last April
- Record of untaxed income such as social security or welfare benefits
- Information on savings, investments, farm & business assets