San Saba isd

Skip to main content

Charging Policy

SSISD High School Meal Charging Policy

Purpose and Procedures

Subject: Charging Policy
II. Procedures

If a parent fails to prepay or provide cash for the student to pay on site, the student will be limited to 3 consecutive charges only, after three days of charging students will be provided with a complimentary meal for three days only.  If parents continue to fail in providing their child with funds to purchase a meal or they do not provide a lunch from home, the superintendent will be notified to decide further actions to be taken.


High School Students will be allowed to charge up to a negative balance of 3 meals.  The student’s parent/guardian will be notified of the date they will be receiving a complimentary meal.


If a high school student receives 3 consecutive complimentary meals administration will be notified. At this point administration will inform cafeteria staff on how to handle the account from there.


9/16/2020 MK

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

 To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form <, (AD-3027) found online at: <, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

         Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

        1400 Independence Avenue, SW

         Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

 fax: (202) 690-7442

 email: <.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.